Hello sweet friends! You might have noticed I’m taking a little break from blogging. This morning I am heading out to a Women’s conference in North Carolina called She Speaks put on by Proverbs 31 Ministries.
The purpose of this conference is to help beginning writers/speaks to grow in their skills, connect those who have written or are in the process of writing to pitch their books during agent/publishers appointments, equip speakers and leaders and to join with 800 other Christian sisters to Praise, Worship and let go of all that is preventing us from stepping out in full faith to do what God has called us to do!
I am super excited, I will be learning from Writers and Leaders that I have admired from the distance. They were in my shoes once and willing share what they learned along the way to make the process a bit less daunting for me!
I am excited but also a bit nervous. I am driving myself from NW Arkansas (over two days) and definitely need Jesus to take the wheel. I have physical challenges and some are rearing their ugly heads today. The enemy must be shaking in his boots cause he really doesn’t want me to go. I’m a country bumpkin and the thought of being with so many people is a bit over whelming!
I believe, with all my heart, that God hears and answers prayers so would you please join me in praying for the following?
1. Safe travels-it’s about 900 miles each way.
2. That I keep my focus on HIM and not compare myself with others.
3. That my ears will be open to all that God has in store for me.
4. That I will step out of my comfort zone and make life long friendships with awesome women who have the same heart for Jesus that I do!
5. For my sweet husband, who will be home working, taking care of the pups, probably working hard on a home project, and missing me. 🙂
6. Finally, I have some physical challenges and my prayer is that they do not interfere with my functioning this week.
Thank you so much!! I’m looking forward to posting about this adventure next week but until then, my friends, may the grace of God be with you!!