Here is the next installment of my Five Minute Free Writes Challenge.
I used to be very fearful and scared of lots of things.
- What if we don’t have enough to meet our needs.
- What if my husband dies suddenly
- What if my daughter never talks to me again.
- What if we get into another wreck
- What if the plane crashes before we land
- What if the power goes out
- What if people look at me differently when they know my past
- What if, what if, what if…….you get the idea.
Thing is, what if’s are a figment of my over active imagination and I have absolutely nothing to be scared of. What if’s are all based on fear and the Bible has much to say about fear.
When I start to feel scared and fear starts to well up Scripture brings my focus back to the truth and away from the fear induced lies in my heart and mind.
Here are some Bible Scriptures (ESV) I use to battle fear:
When you are scared and fear begins to well up how do you switch your thoughts from lies to the truth?
If you would like to read more blogs in this series click here 31 Days of Five Minute Free Writes Challenge They are written by my Five Minute Friday friends!